Monday, December 27, 2004

Sunday, January 2, 2005 Epiphany

Denny's Sermon: No Longer Strangers

Hymns:
Opening Hymn: #478 Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven
After time of silent reflection,
Hymn # 142 All Hail The Power of Jesus’ Name!
Closing Hymn # 332 (blue) Live Into Hope

Anthem: "Christ of the Upward Way" (arr. Gilbert Martin)

Solo: "The Lord is my Light" (Oley Speaks)
Joshua Noland, tenor

Prayer of Confession (Bold)

I seek your forgiveness, O God, for the hold of cynicism on my life; for the way I distrust the motives of others, attributing to them the darkness of my own thoughts; for the skepticism with which I hear the biblical word and the stories of others’ faith; for my failure to believe that you can make my life new and beautiful this day and cause me to live with power and joy. Sometimes my life is a misery, dear God, because of my unbelief. Help me to be committed to you and to find delight and innocence through purity of heart. For your love’s sake. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Friends believe the good news of the gospel
God has made a home in His heart for sinners
When Jesus’ was with us in body
Let us sing praises to God!

Response to Pardon (vs. 1, Hymn # ?) “To God be the Glory”

Old Testament: Psalm 147:1-11
Epistle Lesson: Ephesians. 1:3-14, 2:19-20

Lectionary Scripture

Text to anthem:
Christ of the upward way, my Guide divine,
Where Thou hast set Thy feet, may I place mine;
And move and march wherever Thou hast trod,
Keeping face forward up the hill of God.

Give me the heart to hear Thy voice and will,
That without fault or fear I may fulfill
Thy purpose with a glad and holy zest,
Like one who would not bring less than his best.

Give me the good stout arm to shield the right,
And wield Thy sword of truth with all my might,
That, in the warfare I must wage for Thee,
More than a victor I may ever be.

Christ of the upward way, my Guide divine,
Where Thou hast set Thy feet, may I place mine;
And when Thy last call comes, serene and clear,
Calm may my answer be, “Lord, I am here.”

Solo: "The Lord is my Light"
Text to solo (include in bulletin):
The Lord is my Light and my Salvation.
Whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear?
The Lord is my Light and my Salvation.
Whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear?

The Lord is my Light and my Salvation
Whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear?
The Lord is my light and my Salvation
Whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear?

The Lord is the strength,
The strength of my life,
Of whom then shall I be afraid?


Ed's Notes:

About Epiphany

Jan. 2, 2005 Epiphany Sun. – Communion – Denny or Noelle preach EVANGELISM

Luke 2:41-52 Jesus at 12 in the Temple
(finishes out the Luke 1&2 readings
Mt. 2:1-12 Wise Men from the East to Herod then to child

205 All Hail to God’s Anointed
155 R There’s a Song in the Air
29 Go Tell It on the Mountain
50 Rise Up Shepherd and Follow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home